A while back I posted my all time favorite quote, but I have a few more. Here are some other quotes I really like.
- We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves ~ Galileo Galilei
- “I look to the future because that’s where I’m going to spend the rest of my life.”~George Burns.
- ‘The bright sun was extinguished, and the stars Did wander darkling in the eternal space’ Lord Byron, Darkness 1815
- “Don’t you wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence? There’s one marked ‘brightness’ but it doesn’t work.” ~Gallagher
- “Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three-fourths theater.” – Gail Godwin
- “Language is the glue. Without it, culture falls apart.” ~unknown
- “A one language world would be an unbearable world, in which people would be bored to death.” Claude Hagege
- Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death. ~Omar Bradley~
- “Hope” is the thing with feathers- That perches in the soul- And sings the tunes without the words- And never stops- at all- . ~Emily Dickinson~
- Where words fail, music speaks – unknown
I keep a document of about 12 pages of quotes that I like, so I’ll sure more of these in the future!
3 responses to “Quotes I like”
“A one language world would be an unbearable world, in which people would be bored to death.” Nice one. I was talking to my boyfriend about language the other day. And I said how excited I was about learning a new language (German). Because I never learned a new language growing up with English and Dutch as my first languages. And it is awesome to learn a new language!
[…] thought it would be time to post some quotes again. It’s nearly 6 months ago since I last posted something on this topic and I still have plenty to share with […]
[…] posts with some of my favorite quotations can be found here, here and […]