Wow it’s been a while since I posted any recipes! It’s time I shared some of the goodness again. I made this cheese cake over the weekend for a friend’s birthday and it’s super easy to make. It literally takes about 30 minutes and it’s delish! Here’s how to do it!
– 2 lemons
– 200 grams sugar
– 10 leaves of white gelatine
– 25 grams butter
– 200 grams Bastogne cookies (or graham crackers)
– 500 grams lean or 0% fat cottage cheese
– 250 ml whipped cream
– Soak the gelatine in cold water
– Clean the lemons and grate the zest & squeeze out the juice
– Add water until you have 100 ml of juice/water/zest mixture
– Put in a small sauce pan and cook for 2 minutes
– Squeeze the water from the gelatine and add it to the juice in your pan
– Add the sugar and stir well until completely dissolved
– Let cool
– Melt the butter and crumble the cookies in a food processor
– Add the butter to the cookies
– Grease a spring form and press the cookie mixture into the form with a spoon
– Beat the cream until thick and with a spatula incorporate the cottage cheese & juice/zest/sugar/gelatine mixture.
– Pour into the form and smoothen
– Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.