UPDATE: I’ve added links for all the products I’ve used. Someone requested a video on these kind of things and I may try that, when I have some more time on my hands. I’m not too keen on videotaping myself though, so it might as well never happen!
This morning I didn’t have to rush rush to catch a train, because my class at uni doesn’t start until 10.45 AM. However, I was a awake anyway and decided to use my extra morning time to try out a new color combination with my eye shadows and I think it worked out quite nicely. So after work, I touched it up a little bit and decided to take some pics and show you. So this is my Eye of the Day, which I’ve dubbed: Autumn Leaves.
I’m sorry about the shade of my camera in the second one, but you can still see the colors.
– Clear brow & lash gel from The Body Shop
– Benefit Instant Brow Pencil in medium to dark
– Eye Colour Matte in Vanilla Cream no. 13 (The Body Shop)
Applied: on my brow bone
– Eyeshadow base: Too Faced Shadow Insurance
Applied: all over (from lash line, to eyebrow)
– NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Rust (no. 619)
Applied: all over, until just above my crease line
– Sephora Mono Eyeshadow in Lucky Penny (no. 54)
Applied: all over, covering the Jumbo Pencil base
– Sephora Mono Eyeshadow in French Riviera Gold (no. 48)
Applied: inner corner, going up a bit & until 1/3 of my eyelid, as well as on my lower lash line, just below my eyelashes.
– Sephora Mono Eyeshadow in Milestone (no. 17)
Applied: outer ‘V’, & up into the crease from there.
– Guerlain Khôl Me Brown 03
Applied: on the waterline, into the line of the outer ‘V’, as well as along the waterline of the upper eyelid.
I finished it off with:
– Dior Iconic Extreme mascara in Black (no. 090)
– Inner corner of eyes: Ooh la Lift by Benefit
– Outer corner of eyes: Eye Bright Pencil by Benefit
Looking at it, it could have perhaps used some eyeliner on the upper lid as well, but I didn’t have time to do that this morning.
What do you think? Is this type of post a keeper? Would you like to see more of it?