Pink Ribbon & Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Today is the first Monday in October and this morning (at 7 AM, mind you) I had a quite brilliant idea. As you may know, October is breast cancer awareness month and every year stores are packed with Pink Ribbon items. Now I find it a little silly to be buying bracelets, necklaces, nail polishes etc. every single year. However, I do want to support the cause one way or another. That is why I’ve decided to go pink for the rest of the month, starting today.

As of today, I will be adding something pink to whatever outfit I’m wearing. It could be pink nail polish, pink eye make up, a pink flower in my hair, or even shirts, shoes, skirts, etc. You name it, I think I have something pink that I could easily wear every single day.

I will be going pink when I go to school or work, I may let it slide on the weekends as I’m not out that much and am just lounging around the house. But for the next couple of weeks I want to try to keep this up. It would or course help if others would join me and we can support each other, and the cause, in/ with our pinkness.

Who wants to go PINK with me?

1. Noelle says:

What a great cause and idea. I would want to try this but don’t be mad if I miss a day or two!

2. Kimberley says:

Doet me echt denken aan de power rangers… die hadden ook elke dag een kledingstuk van hun kleur aan, dus uiteraard, toen ik 6/7/8 was, wou ik ook eigenlijk wel elke dag iets roze aan… dus eh, nee ik ga niet meedoen haha.

HAHAHAHAHA. Jij en je Power Rangers! Maar ik snap em hoor.

3. AWildDog says:

I don’t have many pink things and of course I missed today, I have a few pink bracelets tho. I’ll try and remember, either way I’m behind you 100%!

4. Pauline says:

Hi Maaike!
    Wat een goed idee! maar helaas heb ik maar twee roze kledingstukken in mijn kast omdat ik niet van roze hou.. Misschien toch maar een armbandje kopen dan.
    Groetjes, Pauline.

I’d just like to stress that it’s not just your outfit. It could be something as simple as a bracelet you already have, or nail polish. Just make ONE thing about your outfit pink. Not the whole thing. That would be a bit much I think.

For instance, what I did today, is pink eyeshadow and a bright pink blush. Same for tomorrow. Some time this week, I’ll probably wear a pink dress, or a pink t-shirt. It can be very simple. It doesn’t have to be big I think!

I’m just curious to see whether my colleagues will notice! lolz

And thanks everyone for the support!

1. AWildDog says:

Oh Excellent point. I have nail polish, bracelets and eye shadow. Ok… lets do this… well starting tomorrow cus it’s half ten at night now!

6. Ewa says:

Hi maaik,

What a great idea for a great cause. I’d join if i’d have something pink, but i have nothing! Not even pink nailpolish (i threw it away cause it was old and not really useable (is that a word? lol) anymore). I think i might buy it again though. In that case, my nails will be pink all month 🙂

xx

1. AWildDog says:

useable is a word 🙂

7. Karen says:

Great idea! You might even give another impuls to your action by showing a photo on your blog each day: “The pink item of the day”! 😉

Good idea! I will write about my pink items of this week some time!