Tag time! I thought it would be fun to tell you 50 random facts about myself. These come in no particular order (that’s why they’re random ;-)).
- I spill my food and drinks all the time
- I started biting my nails when I was 8 and stopped out of the blue when I was 24.
- I can sit on a train and listen to people speak for hours. I won’t listen to what they are saying, but to HOW they are saying things.
- I work out at least 4 times a week, but I aim for 6.
- I have one crooked toe. It’s the 4th toe on my right foot. Just like my dad. 😉
- My mom and I are the same height.
- I am 5″ tall.
- I have one tattoo and 6 piercings.
- I actually have blonde hair and brown eyes, dark eyebrows and dark eyelashes.
- I used to catch grasshoppers and lady bugs when I was a kid and kept them in a plastic cookie jar with holes. I actually attempted to keep them alive but never succeeded.
- I’m obsessed with polka dot prints on clothes.
- My favorite bag is a knock off Louis Vuitton which I bought of a street vendor in New York almost 7 years ago. I hope to one day buy the real thing.
- My go to jewelry used to be my grandma’s.
- I still have the stuffed sheep that was in my crib when I was a baby.
- I am my parents’ oldest child and oldest grandchild to both my grandparents.
- I was the first person in my family to go to university.
- I signed my housing contract a week after I turned 18 and have been living in the same spot ever since.
- I’ve been teaching for 7.5 years.
- I don’t watch television.
- I’m a thinker and a do-er: I like getting things done, but need my time to dream and ‘be in my head’.
- I’m more productive than I am creative.
- I like clarity and logic.
- Currently I’m obsessed with bright lipstick (still), dresses (still) and button down shirts (again).
- My main motivation for being a teacher is so I can help people.
- I love meeting new people.
- I own almost all Disney Classics.
- Lately, I’ve become quite good at throwing things out.
- I used to take singing lessons when I was a student. I haven’t sung in years though. I am a much better dancer than singer.
- Once the song ‘All I wanna do’ by Sheryl Crow was stuck in my head for 3 months straight. Not a single song ever lasted that long and whenever I hear it I’m still sick of it.
- I used to be torn between becoming a teacher or a journalist. I tried both and found out I don’t make a good journalist, but when it comes to teaching I’m a natural.
- I am a self made woman. 🙂 I have paid my way through life ever since I moved out when I was 18. I did get some help from my parents when I was student, but I had to pay for my own rent and all other things pretty much from the start. And I’ve always managed to make ends meet and then some.
- My favorite gym class is Body Combat. The moves, the music and the energy just make this class very uplifting and very helpful in trying to steer clear from stress.
- I’ve been collecting nail polish since I was 12 years old. I still have some of my old bottles.
- I have different outfits for different work out purposes. I will wear something different to dance class than I do to my classes at the gym and even there I have certain pants and shirts that simply work better.
- I get bruises in the most random places without knowing how I got them.
- I love sour candy. Sour Patch Kids are my favorite, but I don’t know where I can buy them in the Netherlands.
- My first concert was Michael Jackson’s History tour when I was 12. I don’t remember much, but I do remember being amazed by the spectacle of the show.
- Dancing is my biggest hobby and I’ve been doing it since I was 6 years old. When I was 14 I looked into going into dance academies, but decided against it, because I knew my chances would be slim due to my height.
- I have a thing for 50s and 60s Doowop music, Motown, Funk, 70s stadium Rock and 90s R&B.
- I have always been experimental with what I wear and how I look. I had a favorite sweater when I was 2, spent my teens in a short spikey hair cut and dungarees, and have dyed my hair many different colors. I like the unpredictable element.
- When I graduate this September I will gain my 3rd Master’s degree. I already have a Master’s in Arts (English language & Culture) and a Master’s in Education (including a degree for teaching CLIL and MYP/ IB programmes). This year I will add a Master’s of Philosophy to the mix. I hope to still gain my PhD some time in the future.
- My biggest wish is still to live in the USA for an extended period of time. I’ve been wanting that since I was 14.
- I am not very good at arts & crafts, but I do know how to crochet and can get creative in the kitchen.
- I love experimenting with foods and am bound to try any recipe that sounds interesting. I keep a self-made notebook with recipes which is what I actually use more for cooking than any of my store bought cook books.
- People always think I’m younger than I am. I’m sure it’s because I’m so small. Usually they change their minds once they start talking to me. Then they usually think I’m older than I am.
- Music is the key to fixing all of my problems. Hearing that one song, discovering that cool new band, or listening to an old favorite can change my mood, help me through things and just generally makes me happy.
- In 2008 I traveled through the USA for 30 days all by myself. I went to NYC, DC, LA, Las Vegas and San Fran. I also stopped by Columbus Ohio and Atlantic City New Jersey to meet up with friends.
- Sleeping is my favorite thing in the world. I love lazy Sundays where I can sleep in till noon and sit in my PJs all day while munching on big breakfasts and plenty cups of tea.
- I’ve known my best friend for more than 12.5 years. We met in high school during Biology class over our mutual love for Backstreet Boys. We don’t see each other that often (once every 2 – 3 months), but when we do, it’s like we saw each other just yesterday. We can talk for hours and still not be done.
- I believe that you can do anything, as long as you set your mind to it. As long as you believe in yourself anything is possible. Because really, if you can’t dream it, no one else will do it for you.
That’s it, my 50 random facts. Which one is your favorite? And for those who know me in real life: which ones didn’t you know yet?
6 responses to “50 random facts about me”
49 obviously 😉
I never knew about 37, scary part is I was there too… My very first concert aswell :). Sitting way up high, but I still remember it!!!
Of course 🙂 And you didn’t know about MJ?? Hm something must have gone wrong there. 😉
Well 49 out of 50 ain’t bad 😉
haha nr 10! en nummer 47 is een grote droom van mij. Super leuke tag!
Thanks 🙂 Ja ik was vrij vredelievend ten opzichte van kleine beestjes. Nog steeds wel eigenlijk.