A few months ago my Ebay nail wheels that I use to organize my nail polish collection ran out of space. So I ordered a new stack and decided to reorganize my nail polish swatches as my collection has changed quite a bit since the last time I showed it. In a way this is my updated nail polish collection. Even though I’ve gotten my hands on a few other polishes since taking these pictures, this will give you a fairly complete overview of all nail polish I currently own. In total there will be 4 posts and today is part one which is the first half of my drugstore nail polishes. I will say a little bit about each brand regarding color range, textures, etc. and there are swatches of each color featured in this post as well. Enjoy!
1. Barry M Nail Paint Textured Nail Paint Kingsland Road
2. Barry M Textured Nail Paint Countess
3. Barry M Nail Paint Silvery Lila
4. Barry M Nail Paint Bright Red
5. Barry M Matte Nail Paint Crush
6. Barry M Matte Nail Paint Espresso
7. Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint Blue Grape
8. Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint Blueberry
9. Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint Papaya
10. Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint Blood Orange
Barry M is by far one of my favorite drugstore nail polish brands. It is a very affordable nail polish brand which is available in UK drugstores and River Island, but also on some Dutch beauty webshops. Barry M has a diverse range of polishes and also features some innovative finishes, textures and colors. Whether you’re looking for a classic red, the perfect nude or a fun top coat, Barry M has it all. My favorite line is their Gelly Hi-Shine Nail Paint line. These polishes have great coverage, good lasting power and a super shiny finish. The most special Barry M polish I have would be the Textured Nail Paint in Countess. It’s a burgundy with golden glitter, but because of the sandy texture it dries completely matte.
Barry M & Models Own
1. Models Own Southern Lights
2. Models Own Absinthe
3. Models Own Hot Stuff
4. Models Own Freak Out
5. Models Own Banger
6. Models Own Rocket
7. Barry M Nail Paint Dolly Mixture
8. Barry M Nail Paint Rosy Quartz Glitter
9. Barry M Nail Paint Amethyst Glitter
10. Barry M Nail Paint Pink Sapphire Glitter
11. Barry M Nail Paint Super Drug Ltd E 334
12. Barry M Nail Paint Super Drug Ltd
More Barry M, but this time it’s top coats and glitters. Also featured here is Model’s Own, another UK drugstore brand. Both these brands do some amazing topcoats with or without tons of glitter. Especially the Model’s Own brand do some crazy ones with glitters in different shapes and sizes. As you can see both brands have a nice almost opaque coverage as all swatches are two coats.
Sephora & Bourjois
1. Sephora Coco
2. Sephora Rock
3. Sephora Tectonic
4. Sephora Cassis
5. Sephora Disco
6. Sephora Chupa
7. Sephora Hip-Hop
8. Sephora Picnic in the Park
9. Sephora Vintage Sweater
10. Sephora Sparkling Night Bird
11. Bourjois So Laque Rose Lounge
12. Bourjois So Laque Tangerine Fatal
13. Bourjois So Laque Rouge Escarpin
14. Bourjois So Laque Cerise Noire
15. Bourjois So Laque Bleu Mystériyeux
16. Bourjois So Laque Noir de Chine
17. Bourjois 1 Seconde Gel 27 Green Fizz
Sephora was the first brand I started buying when I got back into nail polish around 7 years ago. Some of these bottles are hence super old and I’m not even sure they do these colors anymore. I used to have more of these, but ended up keeping those colors I truly love and wear the most. Bourjois does some nice nail polish as well, but I find it fairly expensive for what it is. I like their So Laque line as it is opaque in one coat and I love using these on my toe nails as it’s super quick and easy.
1. Catrice Discreet (Thrilling me softly LE)
2. Catrice Clay-ton, My Hero
3. Catrice Lost in Mud
4. Catrice London’s Weather Forecast
5. Catrice Play it Blue (Candy Shock LE)
6. Catrice Up in the Air
7. Catrice Denim Moore
8. Catrice Be Indiglow (Bohemia LE)
9. Catrice Be Pool (Limited color)
10. Catrice Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy
11. Catrice Sold Out Forever
12. Catrice I Sea You
13. Catrice Virgin Forest (LE Coolibri collection)
14. Catrice I Scream Ice Cream (Candy Shock LE)
15. Catrice Biscuits & Cupcakes (Urban Baroque LE)
16. Catrice Let’s Mauve On
17. Catrice Welcome to Roosywood
18. Catrice Just Berried
19. Catrice Raspberry Fields Forever
20. Catrice Looking Sunkissed (Bohemia LE)
Catrice used to be my favorite drugstore nail polish brand. They used to cost only 2.50 a pop, but these nail polishes have been going up in price. They’ve also changed the brush and the formula since then, and unfortunately it’s not for the better. That’s why most of these polishes are from older collections or from 2 years or so ago. Again, I used to have many more Catrice polishes, but I ended up keeping the colors I truly use. Discreet is my favorite nude nail polish, Up in the Air one of my favorite blues, and Virgin Forest is great for putting on toe nails in the summer months.
1. Catrice Spiced Bronze (Caramé LE)
2. Catrice I’m a Star
3. Catrice Genius in the Bottle
4. Catrice Captain Sparrow’s Boat
5. Catrice Iron Mermaiden
6. Catrice Luxury Lacquers Million Brilliance BRIGHTsmaid
7. Catrice Luxury LacquersMillion Brilliance Glitter me if you Can
8. Catrice Luxury Lacquers Million Brilliance Walk of Glitters
9. Catrice Luxury Lacquers Million Brilliance Glitterama
10. Catrice Luxury LacquersSand Sation 100perSand Real
11. Catrice Luxury Lacquers Sand Sation Tropicoral
12. Catrice Luxury Lacquers Sand Sation Sandhopper
13. Catrice Luxury Lacquers Holomania ApHolo7
14. Catrice Luxury Lacquers Holomania Plum me up Scotty
15. Catrice Luxury Lacquers C(h)ome, Leon!
16. Catrice Luxury Lacquers Chameleon Salmon Salmon but Different
17. Catrice Luxury Lacquers Chameleon Chromeo & Juliet
This second Catrice nail wheel features some of the darker colors (as you can see I made all of my swatches according to a light to dark gradient) as well as the Luxury Lacquers which came out last March. I already wrote a separate post about the Luxury Lacquers when I first got these, so use the search bar if you’d like to take a closer look.
What is your favorite drugstore nail polish brand?
11 responses to “Drugstore nail polish stash #1”
OMGGGGG soooo many! Love it!
Hahah if you think this is much… Just keep in mind that I have another 3 articles coming up…
Wat een mooie collectie nagellak heb je! Mijn favoriete merk is toch wel Essie! 🙂
Die komt nog voorbij. 🙂
Barry M of course! I just brought “Rose Hip” and it’s a gorgeous perfect pastel pink. Oh Rimmel do some nice ones too. I have sooooo much nail polish!
Barry M is amazing. I hate not having it around me on a regular basis. I think I’d own the entire line if that was the case.
Yeah it’s dangerous here, especially when they have the 3 for 2 offers on!
[…] already showed you my high end nail polish stash here and part of my drugstore stash here. In the future I will make sure to post the […]
[…] can find the rest of my nail polish collection here and here. There is one more installment left, which I hope to put up next […]
[…] these are simply the best drugstore nail polish out there. You can see the other shades I own here and here. Perhaps next time I should pick up some darker […]