like love make up. That is no secret. Many girls who are into make up are total MAC addicts. Not me, the make up brand I swear by and of which I have several products in at least every single category of make up products is Benefit Cosmetics.
Benefit is known for it’s retro packaging and handy tutorials that come with each product you buy. The brand originates from California and is definitely one of the more expensive brands of make up. Especially when you’re buying it in the Netherlands: the boxed powders retail for 37.50 euros at Sephora. Another downside is a limited color range in especially concealers and foundations. I can imagine that with only 3 colors for foundation and concealer most women won’t find a suitable color.
I am a fair skinned girl and so their products are great for me. So far I have only encountered one product that I loathe and it is therefore no longer part of my make up collection. That would be the stay don’t stray primer. It’s hideous. It’s supposed to make sure your eyeshadow and concealer stays put, but with this product your shadows will run down your face even quicker than without using this underneath. Stay away from that one!
However, I love pretty much EVERY SINGLE OTHER product I have purchased, or re-purchased. Let’s have look what I lying around shall we?
Eye & Lip products:
- Smokin’ Eyes: smokey eye & eyebrow kit (ideal for travel!)
- Eye Bright: eye brightening eye pencil. Great for those inner corner highlights
- Ooh la Lift: under eye brightener. Makes you look 5000x more awake in those early mornings
- Eyeshadow in fishnets (discontinued)
- Lipsticks in Candy Store & Rocket Pop
- Creaseless Cream Shadow & Liner in Skinny Jeans, Get Figgy & Stiletto
- Lipglosses Ultra Shine in Dancing Queen & So Frisk Me
- Moisturizer sample
- 5x Boxed powders in Bella Bamba, Georgia, Sugarbomb, Coralista & Dandelion (I bought some of these on Ebay. I have no clue whether they’re real or not, but they work the same which works for me)
- High beam: highlight for cheek & brow
- Benetint: cheek & lip stain
- Hello Flawless concealing powder in Honey
- Erase Paste in fair
- Lemon Aid (to help with puffiness in the mornings)
- One Hot Minute (loose powder bronzer)
- Some Kind of Gorgeous: foundation
So there you go: my Benefit stash.
My fave products? The boxed powders, ooh la lift & the smokin’ eyes kit.
Q: Do you have any Benefit favorites?