Don’t ask me what I’m doing up at 1 AM in the morning writing a blog, but for some reason I am. Dance class always makes me so hyper and then I just can’t sleep before 2 AM. I always end up clicking my way through endless lists of youtube videos, scouring ASOS & H&M webshops and listening to music while drinking too much tea. And then it hit me: I should do a likes and dislikes list and just keep going until I’ve listed everything my now muddied brain can think of. I’ll start with the likes first, because you know, positivity is key and all that jazz.
- More hours of daylight
- Spring fashion collections
Because just when you think you’ve seen it all, you find loud printed dresses, mint & white creepers, flanel shirts and light denim shirts, neon peach sweaters, floral pants and more dresses than you can count.
I’ve been following Tara Stiles’ vlogs & twitter for years and ever since buying and reading her book Slim Calm Sexy Yoga I’ve completely refound her videos online. I bookmarked a 5 minute Bed Time Yoga routine to do after a stressful day so I can feel a bit more relaxed. And it’s working!
- Working out (am trying to get my schedule up to 6 times a week)
- Healthy food
You know you’re a teacher when you get the most energy and fun in your job from the actual teaching and not all the 1 gazillion other things that come with it. Students are fun and unexpected and sometimes a spur of the moment brainwave can result in some productive yet fun class time, even though everyone is knackered at the end of a long day.
I love ending and starting my days with cups of tea! And I fill in quite some time throughout the day as well.
- Trains that run on time
- My bed (because it’s the comfiest and warmest thing in the world)
- Hot showers
- Warm fuzzy bathrobes
- Getting compliments, but also giving them to others
- Finishing uni assignments
- Good movies
- Fun music
- This picture and this one and oh why the heck not, this one too
- Early mornings (It’s official I am still NOT a morning person)
- Jammed up muscles
- No dance class due to spring vacation 🙁
- Getting to the station on time but nearly missing your train because you’re trying to buy water and the lady in front of you is paying in all 5 ct coins
- Cold sores, yup have one again!
- Housemates that also take hot showers so you have no water to take yours
- Stomachaches (my body still disagrees with fiber/ grain rich foods)
- Air conditioning at work
Climate control at work is doing a whack job and it’s messing with my sinuses. One week of vacation, nothing wrong. One day back at work and it feels all dry and achy at the end of the day. I’m so curious to see how things will go once hayfever season really hits in spring.
- Phoney people
This is more of a general thing. You know when people are being super nice to you one day and the next they won’t even grant you a second glance? Yup, that’s what I’m talking about.
Alright that’s all I could think of. What are yours?