In today’s tag video I thought we could do quite a recent tag that I saw several of my favorite Youtubers do. So I decided to do it too! And I think I have some interesting answers to share with you. It is definitely a chatty video and a bit of a ranty one, so I hope you don’t mind.
Beauty Brand Tag // How loyal am I to beauty brands? A bit of a ranty, chatty video…
Beauty Brand Tag by Tara Brooke:
1. Think back to when you first started your makeup collection: Are there any brands you used then, that you still use today?
2. Follow-up: Which brands have you moved on from?
3. Are there any brands you thought were so expensive that you’d never buy anything from them – but now consider at least one of their products to be a holy grail? If so, which brand and which product?
4. What is a popular brand that you’ve never tried and don’t think you ever will? Why?
5. What brand perfectly encapsulates your current makeup aesthetic? Explain.
6. Are there any brands you haven’t wanted to try purely because you don’t like their packaging?
7. Is there a brand you’ve only tried because their packaging lured you in? If so, were you happy with the actual product?
8. Some would say drugstore and midrange prices are starting to overlap. What drugstore beauty brands are guilty of making this happen and what are your thoughts on rising drugstore makeup prices?
9. With anti-consumerism and an “eat the rich” mentality starting to take hold in the YouTube beauty space, are there any brands you still feel a loyalty towards? If so, why?
10. Have you ever felt betrayed by a brand? If so, what happened?
11. Are there any brands that you feel give off “exclusivity vibes”, making you you feel like you aren’t “cool”, “rich”, or “pretty” enough to buy from? If so, which brand and why?
12. What’s worse- “choice fatigue” (exhaustion from too many makeup releases) or a lackluster quarterly launch from a brand you’re typically excited about?
13. Have brand trips or sponsored videos ever made you actually interested in a product/beauty launch the brand was promoting?
14. Are there any indie brands you hope to see sold at Ulta or Sephora in the future?
15. If you could give any beauty brand a rebranding, which brand would it be and what elements of the brand would you modify?
6 responses to “Beauty Brand Tag”
Great tag! So much so, in fact, that I feel compelled to do it myself – really interesting questions!
Thanks! I was hoping it would be a good way to address some issues, but I was afraid it would be too negative. So I am glad you liked it.
I didn’t find it too negative at all! Honest opinions can’t be bad or negative – they are just true, which makes them so valuable. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Glad you feel that way. 😁
I love how you are not afraid to be your own person. Your channel is my favorite because you buy what you want, do your own thing and I learn a lot! (I love your eye shadow in this vid.) I can only really answer #12, it resonates with me because I’m having “choice fatigue” – there are just too many releases. Yet, I get super excited when there’s a new release that looks promising so… can’t win. 🙂
Aw thanks that’s a great compliment. The shadow is a combo of all shaded in the Pretty Cool palette by Dose of Colors topped off by the Etude House liquid glitter shadow from my Asian makeup video.