My hayfever is killing me

I know what you’re thinking: it’s only January. Yet, my hayfever has suddenly and quite vehemently reared its ugly head. I’m dizzy, have a sore throat, get headaches and worst of all: I can barely breathe at times.

Source: weheartit.com

Unfortunately for me, my meds don’t seem to be working and I have thus felt sick on and off for the past week. I don’t feel sick enough to stay in bed and hide under the covers for the next year or so, but it’s definitely bothering me. On Sunday I felt ready to fall over any minute, last week I couldn’t get over a sore throat and yesterday I had trouble raising my voice enough when teaching. After 2 hours I had lost my voice and was completely knackered.

Never have I ever experienced hayfever this bad. Let alone in January. However, it seems like this country has decided to skip winter and dive straight from fall (which didn’t start until November mind you) into spring. Birds are singing and building nests and the trees in my street are starting to get new leaves. And since that is happening, my hayfever is happening again too. Luckily for me, I have to see my allergy doctor on Thursday for my monthly shot so I can ask them what’s up and whether I can get some more prescriptions so I can get myself through this.

Do you have any allergies that have gotten worse because of this strange weather?

1. Nathalie says:

Ja ik ben zelf ook net weer beter van de griep. Door dit weer heerst er helaas nog van alles in het rond. 🙂

Ugh ja, ik begin en nu ook wel bovenop te komen, maar wel met behulp van antibiotica en medicijnen tegen benauwdheid.

2. AWO says:

Sounds like a day from hell… Hopefully the doc can do something for you. Maybe spring will be here in february allready. Last year it started in march, so let’s hope for the best.
    And now for something completely different: The Globe decided to stage Shakespeare’s plays in other languages then English in april and may. So unless I want Othello in Palastinian Arabic or Richard II in Cantonese no Globe visit this time. Bugger…!!!

Ugh spring is not so good for me 😉 Trees, blossoming all that jazz. Not good. Not good at all.
      And bummer about The Globe!

3. AWildDog says:

I’ve been wondering why I’ve been having headaches and sneezing, feeling awfully tired and crap. It’s just accord to me reading your blog that it’s allergies!
    Weather is the same here – mild for winter. But even though it’s a mild winter I’m surprised it’s effecting me this much (cus mild or not – it’s still winter). Better take some tablets, I’ll probably feel better then! lol.

Yup, that’s what it was for me! But I also attracted some infection. So am on antibiotics now.

Antibiotica doet inmiddels wonderen!

4. whilehavingrum says:

Nee gelukkig niet! Wel verdomd verkouden. Maar wie niet?

Ja het heerst he. TIjd van het jaar, dat stomme weer. Maar goed, liever dit dan sneeuw en ijs.