NOTW: Blue Lagoon

Remember that topcoat craze of mine? Yep, still not over. I just love how it just jazzes up any look you do. This week I’m sporting a pale blue on turquoise french manicure with a sparkly blue top coat. I don’t know but it just reminded me of reflections of sunlight on water, hence the title. This nail look also features one of my all time favorite polishes which is China Glaze’s For Audrey, the perfect Tiffany blue. Curious? Here it is:

Products used:

– Etos nail hardener in extra strong

– China Glaze for Audrey

– Ciaté Holiday Blues for the tip

– Essence Special Effects top coat in Glorious Aquarius

– INM Out the Door fast drying topcoat

Close ups:

And can you guess how old this manicure was by the time I took these pictures? Because I didn’t take these pictures straight after putting it on my nails.

These pictures were taken 3 days after polishing my nails! I always do my nails on Sunday and I took these pictures on Wednesday. I used a very useful tip which I read about here. What I did was, I ‘wrapped’ my nail polish to better seal off my nail. It basically means that you also polish the underside and tip of your nail. This prevents your nails from chipping. And it works. Major chipping didn’t occur until 5 days later.

Alright, opinions on the nail look?

1. Louna Beauty says:

Super leuke combinatie. xx

2. gorgeous! definitely stays true to the blue lagoon.

3. AWildDog says:

I love this look! I really want to try it out but first I’m gonna have to find the glittery top coat or something similar. 🙂

I’m sure Barry M or any other UK drug store brand will do something like this.

1. AWildDog says:

Top coats aren’t that popular over here, there’s a blue, silver and a little red one but I haven’t yet seen one like this.

blegh that sucks! Online? Ebay sure ought to have something.

3. AWildDog says:

Yeah, it’s looking like an eBay job