Are you looking for an easy yet tasty recipe that can be eaten by almost anyone? Then keep on reading. I know what you think when you read ‘vegan’. I was skeptical too, but a friend of mine makes these for every birthday she does and I love those. There is simply something about this recipe, that, when you don’t tell people it’s a vegan recipe, they won’t even notice. The cupcakes come out soft and tasty, without that heavy taste of the regular kind with eggs and butter. In fact, I like these better because they are so light and fluffy. Plus they are super easy to make and require minimal equipment, so even without a mixer you can make these.
- 1 1/2 cup of flour
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 tea spoon of baking soda
- 1/2 tea spoon of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk
- 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
No tin, but silicon muffin shapes
- Preheat oven to 375 F or 190 C and line muffin tin with papers
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Combine the wet ingredients in another bowl WITHOUT the vinegar
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until everything is mixed in. Your batter should be smooth but it may still have a few lumps in it.
Wet + dry ingredients (as you can see it will sort of start to fizz and bubble)
- Quickly add vinegar and stir
- Pour batter into the tin and put in oven
- Bake for 14 – 18 minutes
- Let cool in pan, then transfer and let cool completely
Have you ever tried any vegan recipes? What are your favorites? Share in the comments below!
3 responses to “Recipe: Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes”
Those look yummy. I especially like the different colors for the cupcake holders.
Thanks. Just bought them like that. At a store called Xenos, they have some great cooking utensils.
Haha, I’ve been in Xenos before. I think that’s the one I call the “junk” store (only because it’s so random with its offerings). Easy to walk in empty handed and walk out with a lot of stuff.