An outfit is of course never complete without the right make up. Today I am showing you three make up looks that I think are very Christmas-fähig. There is a neutral smokey look, a bright colored look and a shimmery golden look. They also range in price: at least one look is drugstore proof. In other words, there’s a little bit for everyone. Scroll down to see the three looks and stay tuned because my Christmas nail art will go up tomorrow! And enjoy!
My basic make up is the same for each of these looks and they are:
- Face: MAC Face & Body foundation in C1, MAC Select Moisture Cover concealer in NW20 (mixed with Benefit Highbeam), MAC Prep & Prime Transparent pressed finishing powder.
- Brows: MAC eyeshadow in Omega, HEMA brow gel
- Eyes: Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Maybelline One by One mascara in black
This way I won’t have to list it every time.
#1: Turn on the bright lights
I wore this look with Outfit no. 3 in yesterday’s outfits post (click here if you missed it!). My hair looks super curly as I had just taken a shower and my hair wasn’t completely dry yet. Anywho, to match my look a little bit, but not too much, with my outfit I decided to play up some of the green accents in the print. I am wearing a super bright green eyeshadow by NYX called Lake Algae and finished off the look with some Sephora eyeshadows. For blush I went with Mellow Wine by Wet N Wild and I’m wearing a Maybelline lipgloss on my lips. This look is pretty budget proof and fun!
- Eyes: NYX Lake Algae, Sephora Fame & Fortune, Sephora Suede, Sephora French Riviera Gold
- Cheeks: Wet N Wild Mellow Wine
- Lips: Maybelline Colorsensational cream gloss in Stellar Berry
#2: Neutral smokey eye
Excuse the tired eyes in these pictures, but I’d had only 4 hours of sleep when I took these. If you’re not much for bright colors than you may want to go for an all matte, neutral smokey eye. This look is super easy to create. I used one of my favorite eyeshadow palettes to make it: my Make Up Designory eyeshadow quad. I used a matte white highlighter underneath my brow bone and went with a peach colored gloss. This would also look great with a vampy red matte lip but since I was looking worse for wear that day, I decided against it.
- Eyes: The Body Shop matte white eyeshadow in no. 13, Make Up Designory Apricot & Espresso, MAC fluidline in Dip Down
- Cheeks: MAC Margin
- Lips: Bourjois lipgloss in no. 49 Rose Pacific
#3: Going for Gold
Last but not least, probably my most Christmas-y look. I’m not one for wearing fake lashes or putting on glitter. However, the minute I had to think of what I would like to wear for Christmas I thought: gold & purple! I used the Urban Decay Vice Palette to create this look. Since I wanted the focus to be one the eyes I again went with a fairly neutral lip, but this time I also played down the cheeks to really make my eyes pop. A thin line of black eyeliner to help frame the eyes and voilá, c’est tout!
- Eyes: Urban Decay Vice Palette: Anonymous, Blitz, Rapture, Nevermind, Echo Beach, Laced, MAC fluidline in Black Track
- Cheeks: Physicians Formula Happy Booster in Warm
- Lips: MAC Lip Erase in Dim, MAC lustre lipstick in Lovelorn
And that’s it: three Christmas make up looks. What are you wearing this Christmas?