A lovely follower of mine, who blogs over on Charmed Wench, left a comment on my blog recently to inform me she had nominated me for The Real Neat Blog Award. I was happy to see her comment and thought I would answer the questions and nominate a few bloggers of my own.
Real Neat Blog Award
Before we get to the actual question, please head over to Charmed Wench to show some love. If you love beauty and care to see some great make up looks, then this is the place to be! I really enjoyed the Comicon make up trial run that she posted. So check her out! And these are the questions she wanted me to answer:
1.) Where do most visits to your blog come from?
Most of my visitors come from the US, followed by The Netherlands. The top three is rounded up by the UK. But I have views from all over the globe. Even places like Burundi, Kiribati and other exotic places. It’s so great to see people from all over the globe finding my little nook on the web.
2.) What is your favourite sport?
To play or to watch? Because that’s two different things. I’ve never been into team sports, but I’ve been dancing since I was a little girl. So for doing something myself, dance will always win hands down. For watching I prefer race sports like the Formula 1 or Moto GP. Those are the only sports, that if they’re on and I catch it on TV I will watch voluntarily. But it’s not something I will switch the TV on for.
3.) What has been a special moment for you in 2016?
Finding out I am about to be an aunt is hands down the best thing that has happened all year. I can’t wait meet my little niece in early 2017!
4.) What is your favorite quote?
To sing images, like luminous fish does in the dark depths of the ocean, not with a reflected, but with one’s own light.
I found this quote very randomly on a wall at an arthouse cinema when I was 16 years old and it has stuck with me ever since. To me it means that everyone’s unique, but that in order to really make a difference in the world, you shouldn’t follow the crowd, but create your own path.
5.) What was your favorite class at school?
Take one guess…. Yep. English. Not kidding you: English was my favorite subject in school, which is why picking what subject to teach was incredibly easy for me.
6.) Anything you wished you had learned earlier?
To say no to people and create more time and space to live my own life rather than the one people expected me to have.
7.) What musical instrument have you tried to play?
I have never truly attempted to play an instrument. I learned to read notes when I a kid, but never actually learned to play an instrument. I took singing classes when I was a student, but haven’t really sung in years. It’s one thing I would like to pick up again some time.
I would like to nominate:
- Hilde from Hillybillybeauty.nl
- Irina from OrdinaryOdd.nl
- Cassie from Baubles&Knots.com
- Susan from Suszie.nl
- Jolanda from Zazazoo.nl
- Adryana from Adryana’s beauty blog
- Astrid from Ikhouvanbeauty.nl
And these are the questions I would like them to answer:
- What is the meaning of your blog name? / Wat betekent je blognaam?
- What has been a special moment for you in 2016? / Wat is jouw speciale moment van 2016?
- What is the best part about blogging? / Wat is het leukste aan bloggen?
- Why did you start your blog?/ Waarom ben je begonnen met bloggen?
- What is your favorite quote? / Wat is je favoriete quote?
- What is your favorite city in the world? / Wat is je favoriete stad?
- What is at the top of your bucket list? / Wat staat er bovenaan je bucketlist?
These are the rules:
- Put the Award logo in your blog.
- Answer the seven questions by the person who nominated you linking their blog.
- Thank the people who nominated you linking their pages.
- Nominate any number of blogs you like linking their blogs.
- Let them know you have nominated them by commenting on their blogs.
Please give my nominees some love!
Which blog do you feel is ‘real neat’?