I like this dish because it is very simple and straightforward to do. Time indication: 20 minutes in all.
– pasta (type & quantity are up to you, I prefer whole wheat penne to do this)
– 200 – 500 grams of green beans (depending on how many people are eating along)
– 20 grams unsalted butter
– 20 grams flour
– 1 deciliter milk
– approx. 100 grams of blue cheese (Danish blue, gorgonzola etc. are all eligible, just pick your favorite)
– Cut the ends of the beans & snap then in half. Wash and put on a high heat. Let it boil till cooked.
– Boil pasta according to the package.
– For the sauce: melt the butter over medium heat and stir in the flour. Keep stirring until you get a smooth sauce. Add the milk gradually and keep stirring. Add the cheese and stir in until melted and incorporated into the sauce. Make sure it is nice and warm. If your sauce is too thick, just add some more milk. If it’s too runny, add some more flour.
NOTE: I like my veggies & pasta to be al dente and have a lot of bite to it. The sauce is very thick and sticky so to also pair it with soft veggies & pasta just makes it less tasty.